Korbalagae Kuawogai is a leading expert in the area of early childhood with over 18 years of experience in the United States of America (USA), United Arab Emirates (UAE), The Republic of Cameroon and the Republic of Liberia. Throughout her rich career Ms. Kuawogai has
- Served as Head of the Curriculum Development and Planning Unit for Early Childhood Education and Care & Cycle One for the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education
- Led the develop of Baraem Al Mustaqbal: The UAE National Early Childhood Curriculum Birth to 8
- Trained over 5,000 early childhood educators
- Prepared kindergarten and cycle one settings for inspection
- Conducted inspection of early childhood settings in the USA
- Developed and executed school improvement plans for early childhood settings
- Coordinated the refurbishment of kindergartens in the UAE
- Represented the UAE Ministry of Education at fairs, tradeshows and conferences locally, nationally and internationally
- Led the development of nursery licensing protocols and academic plan procedures to support National Agenda priorities
- Engaged with local, national and international ECEC stakeholders to ensure implementation of National Agenda priorities
- Keynote Speaker at several Global Academics Research Academy conferences
- Received an appointment to the Governing Council of the Ola-Up Foundation for Culture, Education and Wealth
- Expert Advisor to the Liberia Early Childhood Professionals Network
- Founded an early literacy company, Yassah-Rose Early Learning
- Received an appointment at School Run Academy Partner for the Lagos State Safety Commission School Safety Program
- Received an appointment as Secretary General to the Global Academics Research Academy Liberia Chapter
- Developed instructional material for local early childhood settings in Liberia
- Served as Treasurer for Alpha Alpha Lambda Zeta Chapter (UAE) and Delta Iota Zeta Chapter (Liberia) of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Led a mastermind of aspiring edupreneur business women
- Produced a series of professional development videos on instruction and literacy development in kindergarten
As she has engaged with international early childhood community both leaders and practitioners, Ms. Kuawogai has always kept the well-being of young children, their families, future and how these aspects interplay in the local, national and international landscape at the core of her decisions.
She is also a passionate advocate for early childhood professionals, as research and practical application has shown the adults in a child’s life have the greatest impact. It is her belief that early childhood practitioners need and deserve professional support and recognition to ensure young children have the best start possible. Ms. Kuawogai also recognizes the importance of the home-setting connection and encourages settings and schools to establish strong, clear partnerships with parents.