Kindergarten Valentine’s Day Activity | Short A CVC Words are much more fun way for young children to learn how to read short a cvc words. Save yourself confusion when planning lessons on reading short a cvc words with Kindergarten Valentine’s Day Activity | Short A CVC Words for Word Families. As a teacher who is focused on making sure your students have not only the best quality education but also teaching them in a way that works best for them, you will love the hands-on approach to teaching reading short a cvc words. Use these during small groups, centers or independent learning time to make sure your students are on task while having fun learning.
Kindergarten Valentine’s Day Activity | Short A CVC Words includes a variety of short a cvc words your students need to learn:
- ab – cab, dab, gab, tab
- ad – bad, dad, lad, mad, pad, sad
- ag – bag, rag, tag, wag
- am – ham, jam, ram, yam
- an – ban, can, fan, man, pan, ran, van
- ap – cap, gap, lap, map, nap
- at – bat, cat, hat, mat, pat, rat, sat
- ax – wax
To set this activity up, just prep and use it with students.
Benefits of this resource:
- Know you’re giving your students the skills they need to be ready to read
- Instill independent learning in your students
- Free up your time in the classroom to be able to give individual support
- Low prep and value packed – make them one time and have them for years to come
- Easy for kindergarten students to use
- Differentiation – allows different students to work on different letters
- Extend learning to centers, small groups, fun independent activities or class parties.
- You’ll reinforce skills you have taught
- You can pre-assess to see what children already know.
- Supports play-based learning
Who should purchase this resource?
- Teachers looking for simple student-centered resources.
- Teachers who are looking for appropriate resources and independent activities.
- Teachers looking for low prep value packed resources for busy learners.
- Teachers looking for quick and easy to check hands-on preschool and kindergarten activities
Kindergarten Standards & Topics Covered
Teacher Friendly! Just print laminate and go! Enjoy!
Be sure to select fit to paper to be sure your printable prints out as intended.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
I’d LOVE to connect! Find me on:
Want to know more about how to use these and other resources? Check out My Blog!